Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Ippudo n Arteastiq

04 Sept'2010


Our group gathering.

1st stop : IPPUDO at Meritus Mandarin Gallery


Long Queue! Luckily FJ was kind enough to go early and q and thus we didn't have that long to wait.


The main dining area.



When it came to our turn, the waiter led us towards the kitchen. 
Huh? why are we going to the kitchen?
Turns out there is a private room just to the side of the kitchen. Yay! we have the whole room to ourselves.




















































And here's the infamous noodle and broth. Ok, you can go and read all about it from their website here.




So how was it? Now taste is very subjective, so this is my own opinion.


Maybe there had been such a big hype about it and I guess I was expecting to be blown away - but when I tasted it, well, it's tasty and all that but nothing spectacular.


I had been to MARUTAMA RAMEN and RAMEN PLAY and both tasted just as good.


I am not a food connosieur and you can call me a 'mountain-tortoise' for not knowing the good from the mediocre but frankly, I wouldn't be able to tell which is the IPPUDO noodle and broth if I were to do a blind test.


So there, sorry IPPUDO fans - I'm just stating it from my own point of view, so don't bash me ok.



2nd stop : ARTEASTIQ at Meritus Mandarin Gallery


The front part of this place sells high-end furnitures and you won't know that there is a cafe behind unless you really look.

FY and I ordered the "MONET" which is rose tea with ice-cream (can't remember what flavour).

I like their presentation. You have a wooden tray with your main glass of tea. You see the round glass? It's an extra refill of the rose tea and the small glass cup is sugar water if you don't find it sweet enough.
























Again, nice presentation and cake was quite big too. Unfortunately, looks nice but very ordinary taste and kind of a tad too sweet for me.




Unusual concoction.
Roti-prata with ice-creams, sprinkle it with coco powder or berry sauce.





























This place reminds me of PS CAFE with their tall windows.























It is great to catch up with friends once in a while.


Usually to have a meal, dessert and sometimes karaoking.


See you guys soon! I look forward to our next makan session!






Oh, the above pic is the window display of 'Bathing Ape' store.
We had suggested that ahem, somebody get this and wear it - ok, this is our group's inside joke.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails