Monday, September 20, 2010

YISH !

It's raining and we're late for Eugene's class.

So I carried him and walked briskly.

"yish, yish" said Eugene

I looked at him...?????......, ok, no time to decipher. "yish! yish!" and pointing his finger to the floor. I stopped to look and a passerby picked up one of his shoes.

I realised that Eugene is unable to pronounce SHOES and FISH.

It's shoes/fish.                 Yish, Yish.

Ok, look at my mouth and say shoes/fish .....

Yish, yish 

***alamak***

I brought this up to his teacher and she said that it's because the jaw muscles, tongue are still developing. She said to lightly press his cheeks together and have him make a smile showing his teeth. This should help to strengthen the muscles and later pronounciation. Pressing the cheeks together, try also to make him pronounce the words.

Teacher will also help during his lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails