Thursday, September 23, 2010

A House Is Not A Home

First, let me say that I am not comparing Chris Colfer's singing to Luther Vandross. Nobody can be compared to Luther Vandross.

So I am just commenting on Chris rendition of this song, that's all.

I must say that Chris (Kurt in GLEE) really nailed the emotion in this rendition of "A House Is Not A Home". Beautufully executed. I had goose-bumps and it put me in a melancholy mood.

The song was so haunting until ..................................





Finn sang! OMG, he sounded real bad in this one, what happened? It's obvious he couldn't hit the high notes.

Ok, die-hard fans of the two leading characters Finn and Rachel, don't bash me ok, but I feel that Kurt and Mercedes's voice are so much better.

Finn's voice don't seem to be that powerful whereas Rachel's voice is too powerful that at times, it seems that she's shouting out the song instead of singing it.

But I guess that Finn and Rachel are made the leading characters as hey, they are good-looking and figure perfect.

Ya, life's not fair isn't it?

 I leave you with the beautiful lyrics below .........


A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME

A chair is still a chair
Even when there's no one sitting there
But a chair is not a house and a house is not a home
When there's no one there
To hold you tight and no one there
You can kiss good night

A room is still a room
Even when there's nothing there but gloom
But a room is not a house and a house is not a home
When the two of us are far apart
And one of us has a broken heart


Now and then I call your name
And suddenly your face appears
But it's just a crazy game
When it ends it ends in tears.


So darling, have a heart,
Don't let one mistake keep us apart.
I'm not meant to live alone
Turn this house into a home.
When I climb the stair and turn the key
Oh, please be there
Still in love with me

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails