Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Like Vegetables

  
 










Sometimes when I talked to other moms, they always complained about how their little ones just refused to eat vegetables.

So far, I've no problem with Eugene eating his vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.

Usually for Eugene's afternoon snack, I will give him biscuits (very seldom), fruits or vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.

For the broccoli and cauliflower, I will cut the floret into slighter smaller pieces and steam them.

I will then place them in the munchkin bowl and leave it on Eugene's play-bench. I'll then call out to Eugene to eat his veggies. That's it! He will come over to the bench to eat it or will carry the bowl walking around and eating it by hand.

I think the trick is not to make a big fuss out of it. Don't tell him that the veggies are very great tasting, it's good for you, you're a good kid if you finish it etc etc etc. If you do all this, the kid is gonna think 'wow, it must be bad if mom/dad is fussing over it' or 'oh, am I suppose to make a deal out of this, ok, I will make a deal of it'.

The first time, Eugene came to look at the bowl of veggies and feel it and then slowly put one into his month. Hmm..... ok, he didn't scrunch up his face. He just kept on eating. I figured that if he didn't want to eat it, I will somehow incorporate it into his food. But he seemed to have no problem eating it plain and steamed (so far, keeping my fingers crossed)

So the main point again : Don't make a fuss about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails