Thursday, March 18, 2010

Which Potty?

I know that some mothers start to potty-training their young ones when they are only a few months old. Usually it meant bringing the kid every 20, 30 mins or 1 hour to the toilet in the hope of catching the timing of their pees and poos.

I know of one mom who had started her kid since he was a few months old using this method. The kid is now about 1 year plus and the mom is still potty training him.

Wah, I really salute her. I don't think I'll have the patience and energy to be doing this method.

I guess, I'm a pretty laid back mom. I don't want to stress myself as well as Eugene.

Eugene is now 20 months old and he's beginning to be aware of his pees and poos and I think it's time to start his potty-training (yes, yes, I know it's rather late compared to others).


I got him this potty. Thought it will be easier for him as it's low and easier for him to sit on it.
I got him to sit on it with his diaper still on to let him have a feel. 
He kept shaking his head and going 'no, no, no' (yes, he's very good at saying 'NO' now) and kept saying 'daddy, daddy'. I got Eugene to try a few time again but to no avail.



Then, it hit me. He wants to be like daddy - that is, sitting on the toilet bowl.
Obviously the toilet bowl is too big for him and so I got him this small potty seat to be placed over the toilet bowl.


And yes, he pee-ed! Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails