Monday, March 08, 2010

Vittles Cafe

07 March 2010


Hubby had a sudden craving for burgers.

I had read some good reviews about Vittles and decided to head on there to try.




LOOKS delicious .....




 

 LOOKS scrumptious .............

 


 TASTED FLAT !



I ordered the Mushroom Pizza with Cheese.

When I bit into it, it was bland - let me try to explain.

I know that there were mushrooms, I know that there were cheese and other condiments on it but when I took a bite of it, I only tasted the pizza dough.

If I were to be blind folded and taste it, I would have thought that it was just plain dough.

No taste of mushrooms, cheese etc.

I thought maybe it's just me, something wrong with my taste-buds?. So I asked hubby to take a bite and yep, tasteless.

Same thing with the minced beef burger. Hubby said the burger was flavourless (I didn't taste the beef cos I don't take beef).

Oh dear, what happened?

Was the ingredients being kept too long in the freezer? Cos meat/ingredients will taste flat if kept too long in the freezer.

I remembered that my mom had given me a whole raw chicken and it was in my freezer for at least a month or more.
I finally roasted the chicken and when we tasted it, it was tasteless!
I had done my usual rosemary roast chicken which I'm proud to say is always very tasty but this time, zilt, nothing, absolutely unflavourful and I attribute it to the chicken being kept in the freezer for too long.


The best dish was ..........................


 the popcorn!

 


It was the free-flow popcorn given to the customers. 

They had a pop-corn machine where it's freshly made.


Once again, what happened? I had read such good reviews about this place. Hmm.... think I should see when the reviews were made.

I will be sending them an email about this - not to complain that I had a raw deal. My intention is to support our local entrepreneur. 
I hope to do my part by giving them my feedback. You know how S'poreans are, they will not give feedback, they just do not patronise the place again and I would really hate to see this place not making it.

Jia You!

Vittles
369 Sembawang Road
#01-05 Sembawang Cottage
Singapore 758382
(near Khatib camp, where Mcdonald's drive thru' is)
Tel: 6756 1138



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails