Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bottle Weaning

I think it was 2 months ago that I had tried to wean Eugene from the baby bottle but it was not successful. 

I had poured his milk into an Avent sippy cup, he took a sip and rejected it. Hmm.... maybe a little difficult for him to drink as he would have to lie back and tilt the sippy cup up (got no straw lah).

So I let him try drinking from another drinking bottle with a straw. He again refused.

So how?

I've read that it can be rather difficutl to wean a child off his baby bottle and it might take months!

Anyway, I thought I'll start trying to wean Eugene again.

I remembered that hubby's brother had bought for Eugene a Munchkin water bottle. It has pics of SpongeBob SquarePants and is bright and cheery. Will this work? The earlier sippy cup/water bottle was rather dull.

I intend to start weaning Eugene from the baby bottle only once a day during his lunch feed.

I showed Eugene the bottle and he was very excited. So I added his milk into SpongeBob bottle. He took a sip, stopped, look at me and gave me a funny look - he must be thinking 'why's my milky in this bottle?' - and promptly put it down ***sigh*** how now?

I put his milky in the fridge and we went to TP Central for my lunch. When we came home, I took his milky out from the fridge and told him "nice, cold cold". He immediately took it and drank, and drank and drank........... he finished his milk! Hooray ! I was so happy.

I tried again the next day and the next, and he seems to be ok with it now.

I think I'll still just give it once a day for a month before I try it twice a day.
 

So cute and bright and cheery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails