Monday, March 29, 2010

Baby Can Read




I had played 'Baby Can Read' dvd for Eugene to watch when he was much younger, but he doesn't seem to be interested.

Now that he's older, I had just started to play it for him again and this time, he loves it! He can watch it over and over again.

Eugene is good at learning new words vocally but he's not good at reading words.

I guess that's because when we are showing him picture books, we will just describe and make up our own stories instead of reading the words in the book. We had tried to read the words to him but he did not have the patience to look at the words. Maybe we should have been more insistent?

'Baby Can Read' will first flash the word, followed by the pronunciation and then the meaning (visually) of it and Eugene will always read it aloud too. Eugene can now say 'diaper' which I think is quite a difficult word to pronounce for a young kid.

I am only showing him volume 1 first as I feel that volume 2 and 3 are still too advance for him.

He can understand more than he can vocalise but I think he is slowly trying to say more words.

We were at a park yesterday and I had told Eugene to pose with some bronze figurine at the park. He said 'no, no' and then patted his chest and said 'scared, scared'. I had used the word 'scared' to him before but this was the first time he had actually said it and with the appropriate action too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails