Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Natural Calcium

Eugene did not start his first teething till way beyond the teething period. I guess his biological mother did not take enough calcium while she was pregnant as baby teeth buds start to form during pregnancy.

The pediatrician of course prescribe calcium, to be given twice a day.

I would rather Eugene have his calcium naturally from his food and so I just give the prescribed calcium once a day and supplement it with natural calcium made of Ikan Bilis or Anchovies.


There are many types of ikan bilis and this aunty at the market recommended the ones below.

Not rinsed yet.





Rinse the ikan bilis to rid it of any sand and grit and leave it to dry.

I fry the ikan bilis in a non-stick pan without any oil, over a very low fire. Fry it till crisp and brown but not burnt.

Then grind it. I grind mine till very powdery.



Sprinkle and mix into the food.

















*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails