Friday, January 29, 2010

Botanical Gardens - ACS Episode

Every month Eugene goes for his baby injections and check-up at Gleneagles. Hubby will park the car at the Botanical Gardens carpark cos it's much, much cheaper.

After Eugene's visit to the doctor, we will usually have lunch at the Botanical Gardens food-court.



It was so bright and sunny. Eugene hates the glare.
Here's Eugene wearing hubby's sunglasses. We really should get a pair of sunglasses for Eugene but the ones I've seen are really too, er... colourful and too many patterns on it.












Just outside the food-court.
 
The malay food at the food-court is rather good. I was craving for mee-soto and ordered a bowl of it. Mmm...... looks so delicious.

Happily, I carried my bowl of mee-soto and hurried to my seat. Then an old uncle was smiling at Eugene and Eugene as usual will smile back. 

Ooohh, mee-soto, come to mama! As I was about to sink my teeth into it ..........

"How old is your son?" - I put down my fork and spoon.

"He's 18 months old" - I pick up my fork and spoon

"Oh, I'm here with my friends. All of us are around 80 years old. We are from ACS. My children are all grown-up already and in fact my oldest grand-child is 19 years old!" 
 - me smiling and eyeing my mee-soto at the same time - so near yet so far...... stomach really growling by now cos I did not and do not take breakfast.

Hubby then came back to the table with his food, old uncle said hello and went back to his table and I happily tucked into my mee-soto.

When we were about to leave, I asked Eugene to go to that old uncle and say good-bye.
First, I want to know if Eugene can understand what I was saying.
Second, I want to see if he can remember which uncle spoke to him.
Third, I just thought it would be a nice gesture.

Now, that old uncle was with about 10 of his friends and all of them were seated along a long table. Will Eugene be able to pick out that particular uncle?

Eugene turned around and walked past some old uncles (does he know?) and yes! he stopped at the side of that uncle who had spoken to him earlier and waved bye-bye - Bravo!!!



 


 My baby..... I love him so much......


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails