Saturday, January 02, 2010

Feelings

Today we went to Aunt L's place for New Year's lunch.

I carried Eugene to hubby's grand-ma's room to say hello. Hubby's grand-ma is very old and bed-ridden. She is unable to talk but can mumble. We are not sure whether she can recognise any of us or not.

I told Eugene that he must be quiet as great grand-ma is not well and he was very quiet when I carried him in. Eugene just looked at hubby's grand-ma.

Sometime later, I saw Eugene walking into great grand-ma's room. I kept my eyes on him as I was afraid that he was going to touch some of great grand-ma's medicine which was by the side of the door.

Eugene walked in slowly and gingerly and then he stopped at the side of great grand-ma's bed and looked up at her for a few seconds. He then slowly moved towards her and stroked her hand a couple of times !

That moment really moved me. Is my boy showing empathy? Can somebody so young show empathy?

I think that Eugene can "feel". Sorry, don't know how to put it into words.

My father had cancer and naturally do not feel too great from the chemo and radiotherapy. When Eugene saw my dad, he went over to my dad and stroke my dad's thigh - sayang, sayang.

Once, I was so tired out that I literally laid down on the floor - Eugene came over to kiss me and sayang me. I actually teared! My boy is just so, so sweet!

*

1 comment:

  1. He's such a sweetie...I think he knows...young kids somehow have that 'sixth sense'. Awe.....he's gonna grow up and be the new age senstive guy :)

    Can't wait to see him again!

    Ah Kin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails