Sunday, January 10, 2010

Halal - Tang Tea House Hong Kong Cafe

09 Jan'2010

A gathering to celebrate my dad's birthday.

Since my brother and family are Muslim, we have to dine in a Halal restaurant. And since my mom does not know or want to try other type of cuisine except Chinese, we have to find a Chinese Halal restaurant.

We used to dine at 'Restu' before they closed and re-opened in another place - will try 'Restu' again one of this days.

My brother suggested 'Tang Tea House Hong Kong Cafe' :


Bro and wife looking at the menu. Cheeky youngest nephew posing and as usual 2nd eldest nephew playing games.






Tuck in! Fried rice, black-pepper crabs, Tom-yam soup, steam fish ala HK style, sweet sour chicken, kang-kong belachan, tim-sum....







Happy Birthday PA !
My dad is a really responsible father. He really took care of the family. He does not say much (typical chinese father) like 'love you, miss you, how are you' but he expresses it in action.

During my childhood, I can remember that my dad will always bring me out especially to watch movies. I think I've watched all the 007 James Bond movies starring Sean Connery and I think countless times of 'Sound of Music'.

Dad taught me how to sing too! Ya, the oldies but goodies.

Even when I left school and have to venture out to the adult world to work, my father will accompany me on my interviews, he will usually wait outside the office (ya, daddy's girl).

He was the one who enrolled me for typing classes and who also encouraged me to step beyond Singapore and to see the world.

I did.

I got a job and did a short stint in Italy and when I came back to Singapore, I found work at the airport mainly for the freebies like the free air tickets and then later in an airline where I got free tickets too.

Yes, I travelled to a lot of places and you know what, there's no place like home.




Ok, now some comments on this halal cafe.

The food is good.....because the chefs are all Chinese.

The dim-sum chefs are from China. The har-gow and siew-mai were yummy but the siow-long-paus were not too great. The siow-long-paus' skin was too thick.

Overall, the food is good and the price is decent.


Tang Tea House Hong Kong Cafe (in front of the Thai Temple, Simpang Bedok)
375 Bedok Road
Tel : 6445-9100


2 comments:

  1. Today 30 March 2011 my friend and myself when to Tang tea house cafe have 2 bows of Bobo chacha but we both tasted sour amd we ask one of the staff to change, no question ask theu changed, but I ask why.is this fresh now? He reply that that 2 bowls as beem a few days ago. meaning? Not honest? Served unfresh food, if customer found out just change. Meaning Tang Tea housr cafe dont worry.if customer fall sick by eating unfresh food from their cafe? Can explain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, that is just terrible. The service has gone downhill. That was the only time we went and we did not go back to eat again so I do not know how it is now - but at that time, the food was good. Hope none of you got diarrhea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails