Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spooning

Lately I had not been letting Eugene use the spoon during his meals. Faster if I just feed him but I know that sooner or later, I have to let him try to self-feed. I read somewhere that you should let the kid learn now, especially when he is still curios and willing 'cos after a certain age he will not be interested in self-feeding.

So, I' ve started Eugene again to learn to use the spoon (he's able to use the fork). Hey, I hope not to have to feed him even when he's 4 or 5 years old! **roll eyes n faint**

In this video, he started spooning and feeding himself quite well but........ it all falls apart later.

He was hungry, so he was diligently making an effort to spoon and feed himself but once those mouthfuls went in and he was not that hungry anymore, it's play-time! - what I mean? - flinging the food on the spoon all over the place, squashing his food with his fingers in and outside the bowl like washing his hands lah.

Ok, that's part and parcel of the learning process. According to some baby book, the squashing of food in his hand is because he wants to feel the food's texture. Yeah, all nicely said but not when you have to clean up the whole table and floor :(






*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails