Thursday, October 08, 2009

Poke, Poke

Have tried to let Eugene eat on his own off and on after getting him his own baby fork and spoon.

Ya, I have to admit that it's far easier if I just feed him - no mess and faster too!

I will usually let him try to eat on his own first with the spoon - 'cos he will be hungry and will try to eat instead of playing with his food. Just to let him have a feel of how to do it.

After a while, I will then feed him while he will carry on trying to use the spoon.

Notice I said spoon - Eugene is still not able to scoop very well, though he's able to put the spoon to his mouth the correct way in, instead of flipping the spoon over.

I'm very proud that Eugene is able to use the fork pretty well! I showed him the fork, explained how and showed him how to do it. And when he tries, I will guide him. So basically, I told him to Look, Aim, Poke.

Not bad lah, his aim, quite good I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails