Monday, August 30, 2010

SJDA Award Winner 2010 - Pauline Lim Pau Ling

Congratulations Pauline!

Pauline was my classmate in NAFA 2007 in the Jewellery Design Class.

I remembered her telling me that her dream goal is to be a jewellery designer and she has moved a step closer to realising that dream by being one of the winners in the SJDA (Singapore Jewellery Design Award) competition.

I would truly say that she has that creative mind. She can see something and think of something artistic out of it.

I remembered a lesson in class where we were supposed to find inspiration for our jewellery, like nature, furniture, buildings etc.......

My mind was blank. My mind don't work that way. I know everybody find inspirations differently but I feel that hers is really the 'artist' type.

But what struck me about her is her unselfishness. She encouraged and told me how to see, look at things in order to come up with a design. She gave me ideas.

Another time, we were interested to buy some natural stones and she went to some places to recce and told us the addresses.

I told her once a place to buy some jewellery stuff, she went but the shop had moved and she quickly smsed me to tell me the new address. She readily shared informations.

She is the only person in our class who still touch base now and then,  even though, I am ashamed to say, did not really touch base with her.

So to her, I apologise and I promise I will keep in touch.

Oh, what designs did I come out with?

I think I drew a bracelet and everybody in class said that it looked like tow-kays (beansprouts) and another of a ring where I was asked if I got my inspiration from a pineapple tart - yep, we all had a good laugh.

Frankly, I do enjoyed my class and course mates and I missed going back to class.





 Congratulations again and Good Luck on your next upcoming competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails