Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Jewellery Fabrication Assessment - 12 Nov 2007

I did not realise that making a piece of jewellery takes so much time. It was rather tough for me as I had never done any sort of technical stuff before. Learning how to saw, hammer, polish, filing, soldering etc was really an eye opener for me. Especially for sawing, my whole arm were aching. Some jewellery items that I had made (with a lot of help from my instructor).

A bezel to put the 'cat's eye' stone.



A seahorse pendant. Wah, so much work - sawing, hammering, filing, polishing.


My favourite piece is the square ring with the dome on top filled with sprays of beads.


During our 1st assessment.
Everybody taking a look at each other's work before the assessment.


Desmond showing us the techniques.


At the polishing machine next to instructor Desmond.


Jewellery Fabrication Class

Front:Daphne, Instructor Desmond Chin, Chai
Back:Adlina, Ginny, Nisha, Kelvin, Donna, Joyce, Pauline, Nicholas

1 comment:

  1. Hi Desmond Chin. Here is Thomas from Germany - the kollege of Mr. Horn - please contact me!

    thomasboehm3@gmx.de

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails