Tuesday, November 20, 2007

NAFA Jewellery Designing/Drawing Assessments



 Re drawing : I have no formal study on drawings, that is how to sketch and shade etc. 
I searched online and bought books to research. All the drawings and ideas that you see here are self-taught with no outside party inputs.

Most of the students in my class as well as from another class were already very good in free hand drawings. I don't know if they had already taken drawing classes before or natural talent.

I felt down as I felt that I was not up to par. I then searched online as well as bought books on how to draw perspectives and colour to make drawings more 3D, like how to highlight and draw shadows.
I figured that if I had to show my drawings, at least it's presentable and not be a laughing stock.

I was so surprised and happy when my drawings were deemed the best among the two classes - it proved to myself that if I put in the hard work, I can do it !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final assessments of students' drawing abilities and our idea/design development today.

I got the top score in my jewellery designing class!
I am elated cos I don't expect to be the top scorer as there are other students who are good too.


Jewellery Designing Class - 2007

Drawings all lined up to be judged.

Mine on the table.

A close-up look at my designs :

2nd Assessment - 20 Nov 2007
Fine/Gala Jewellery Set :




Contemporary Jewellery set :








My 1st assessment on September 2007 :

Contemporary Ring


Wedding Ring


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails