Sunday, May 30, 2010

Oil Slick at East Coast

26 May 2010

Hubby wanted to bring Eugene to the beach to let him play with the sands.

As we were alighting from the car, I noticed a very strong petrol smell. We then realised that it could be from the oil spill that had recently happened from 2 vessels colliding into each other.

"wah, can smell the petrol when it's so far out at sea", I thought to myself.

As we got closer to the beach, I thought the waves didn't look normal. The movement of the waves is somehow, how should I say it, more dense-like. I got a feeling that it's the oil and yes, I was right.


 Look at that!








We wanted to turn back but Eugene saw the sand and was already running towards it.
He was so excited at home when we told him we're bringing him to the beach and that he can play in the sand. He took his backpack and put his rake, spade and some toys to bring with him.

So we let him play but not for long though. The petrol smell was rather strong.



Let me take off my slippers. It's more comfortable and I want to feel the sand between my feet.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails