Monday, May 24, 2010

Bottle Tree Park

22 April 2010


I remember dining in a seafood restaurant in Bottle Tree Village many, many, many years ago. I remembered it was a dark and narrow dirt track leading up to the Village.

But we're not talking about Bottle Tree Village here but Bottle Tree Park. This is where the catching fish in the 'longkang' (drain) experience is.

When I was a kid, I remembered catching fish, guppies, tadpoles in the drains near my house with my cousins. And I especially enjoyed running off together with my cousins, to the drain near or was it in MacRitchie Reservoir to catch the guppies. 

But now what to do? Singapore is now so urbanised - very hard to find fish in longkang to catch liao, so it must be manufactured lor.



BOTTLE TREE PARK

Here's my new slippers that mommy bought for me.




We had lunch at a Japanese restaurant located in the premises - edible lah, nothing fantastic.




I thought the place will be very crowded since it's a weekend, but it was pretty empty.













Very empty, right?





Eugene very apprehensive at first.













Ok, let's splash a little...






























Hello fish!






































Boy! this is not a swimming pool!
















There is a small washing area just next to the 'longkang' pond and we decided to wash Eugene there and to get him into dry clothes.


Absolutely enjoying his shower. 


For modesty sake, I have covered his 'birdie' but he's in all his glory in the video below.

























 More people now....




























Prawns fishing, anyone?




























you can even bbq your prawns on the spot......





or fish fishing?......









Lotus pond.



Guess what Eugene's up to? He's picking up small stones......




to throw into the big fishing pond.......





There's a playground there and quite a number of swings there too.
I miss swings. I hardly see any at the playgrounds nowadays.


















Thank you daddy for a fun day. I need my afternoon nap now zzzzzzzzzz.........




Will bring Eugene back for the 'longkang' fishing when he's older.


http://www.bottletree.com.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails