Thursday, May 20, 2010

COLOURS Puzzle

I had bought more puzzles from Kiddie Palace.

Eugene had already tried the SHAPES puzzle and have no problem putting the shapes in the correct slots but he is still not able to say the words of the shapes. The only one he can say is 'star'.

I have kept the SHAPES puzzle for the time being as he is not interested in it. I think it could be my fault. Let me explain.

Eugene don't like to be taught the regimented way. If I try to sit him down and then teach him the words, he just don't like it. I was telling him, this is 'circle', this is 'square' etc. He was bored and walked away. Same thing with flash-cards.



So now, I have to teach him without him knowing that I'm teaching him!

For example, when putting together this 'Colours' puzzle, I will talk to him casually and say things like : Oh, where do this red colour goes to? Is that a purple colour you are holding? Can you put the blue colour in the slot? etc. And it works like a charm!

Eugene had only done this 'Colours' puzzle about 2-3 times yesterday. And this morning, when Eugene was doing the puzzle with hubby, he surprised us!

Eugene already knows and can say the colours : red, blue and black (but cannot keep asking him, he will get bored and just give you the answers any old how).

This morning, he said, pink and brown and took the correct colours! Well done! I have not taught him the colours pink and brown until yesterday and so I was very surprised that he can remember it.





I bought some plastic files to keep the puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails