Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Magic Painting

Eugene had been asking to paint. Think he saw some people doing some painting while watching TV. Everytime we go to Popular, he would head straight to the brushes section and feeling and looking at the brushes for quite a while.

I had also been thinking of exposing him to it - will be fun for him, ya?

But I hesitated, why?

- will it be a fleeting interest and money wasted?

- ok, I admit, I was more worried that he'll splatter the house and I'll have to clean up the mess!

One day, while at Popular Bookstore to decide if I really should buy him some paints, somebody left a book at the paint shelf. Hmm... what is this? The title caught my interest - Magic Painting, just add water and voila, auto colours.

Ha, somebody up there heard my concern(thanks!). This would be perfect! At least can let him try and see how it goes before buying the whole works.

You dip a brush in water and paint over the picture and voila! instant colour!

I told Eugene that he can get to choose his own brush and he was so excited and trotted quickly to the brushes section and chose one for himself (er.. I steered him towards the cheaper brush as he had picked up a very expensive one).







Notice Eugene holding the brush in both his right and left hand?

I notice he's using his right hand more to do stuff but I've seen him switching easily to his left hand as well - like he's able to feed himself using either his right or left hand.

I guess kids at his age are still finding out which his dominant hand is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails