Sunday, February 20, 2011

Olympus Camera Misleading Advertisement

I was thinking of getting a camera. Was thinking of Lumix when I came across this advertisement of the latest Olympus camera - the Olympus XZ-1.


Wow, the pic got nice depth for such a small camera which is not a DSLR....... till I saw the small print that reads "Photo taken with Olympus DSLR (E-5 + 12-60mm F2.8 - 3.5 lens).
What the ????

The fine print - up close...




If you are going to show how a photo turns out, you use the camera that you're advertising, right? - not another camera range. What is the purpose?

If I had not read the fine print, I would obviously presume that the photo was taken by the XZ-1.

Now instead of wowing me , one gets a bit put off by the advert as well as doubting what was being advertised.

Why do you need to use another camera? Is it the XZ-1 is not capable of doing what is being advertised - which is as you put it - "DSLR can do it, so can XZ-1"?

Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk .......

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is indeed a misleading ad!
    Anyway, I'm not sure which Lumix camera you were intending to get, but we have been satisfied with our GF1 after getting it more than a year ago so you may consider the Lumix line of cameras. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to find out which camera takes good close-up/macro as I make jewellery and need clear close-up.
    I have both a Canon and Nikon and Nikon sure beats the Canon for close-up. But my Nikon is now kaput :(
    Does the Lumix on macro mode gives very clear pic?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails