Thursday, October 28, 2010

Elephant Puzzle

21 Oct'2010


We started Eugene on simple puzzles quite awhile back.

We had this Elephant puzzle for sometime but did not take it out 'cos I thought it would still be too difficult for Eugene to do.

Well, while going through one of his toy boxes, Eugene saw this Elephant puzzle and immediately took to it.

I showed him how to place the puzzle twice and left it at that as honestly, I think it's rather too complicated for Eugene to do it. It is not like the usual puzzle where you just put the parts in the right slots but for this puzzle, you have to really look and see the curves and look at the parts and scrutinise if it will fit and actually put it into place.

So I left him with the puzzle while I went about to do my own stuff. Suddenly, there was a yell from Eugene and I quickly went to him to see what it was all about.

He had actually fixed all the parts together! and he was congratulating himself!

And he keeps taking it apart and putting it back together again.

So I try to test him.

I put the pieces face down to see if he will notice it and he did.

Usually he will put the pieces number 3 and 4 first as the base to start putting the rest into place. So I hid one of the piece (can't remember if I hid 3 or 4) to see if he will be able to put the rest together without having the usual pieces first.

Eugene does not do the puzzle according to the numbers that's printed on each block. He actually looks at the blocks to see how he will fit it. Well, that's because he's still not good at his numbers.

Anyway, he looked at it for awhile and slowly started piecing it together until he needed the piece I hid in order to finish the whole puzzle. Yay! goes to show that he can think of another way if one way is blocked.


























His triumphant look. 


Well done Eugene.







*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails