Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wang Thai Kitchen

Post-note : we had gone back recently (Aug'10) and found that the portion is less especially for the green curry chicken. The waiter said that we could order a small - enough for 2 person but when it came, I think I could finish it in a few mouthful and they were so stingy with the green curry gravy.

I think they should have just stayed in their original place which is a stall in a coffee shop. They have very good business then. I think it's because for the uncles and aunties who are wary of ordering Thai food, they could at least order some thai dish to sample while still be able to order the other food at the coffee shop that they are familiar with.

Now, I think the uncles and aunties will feel a bit intimidated stepping into a proper restaurant.

So of cos, having their own place equates to higher rent equates to either charge more or give less portion. I've seen the restaurant rather empty even on a weekend.

But food is still good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


We have been patronising this Thai outlet from the time they were just a stall in a coffeeshop to when they shifted a few doors down and opened their own restaurant.

They had took over the space from this Korean restaurant that had closed.













The above are in 'small' portions but it was quite substantial. The Tom-yum soup do pack quite a punch.

On other occasions with friends and families, we had ordered the pork knuckles which everybody loves. I can't give my opinion because I don't eat so much meat and seeing that whole chunk of meat just makes me .........

I especially like the Salted-Egg fried rice which is so fragrant as well as the Salted-Egg prawns. Both are so shiok!

Don't forget the Green Curry Chicken which is rather lemak, though I must say that the portion seemed to have been trimmed down.

But all in all, all the food are good and tasty and the prices reasonable.

Worth a eat.

Wang Thai Kitchen
Blk 92, Toa Payoh Lorong 4
#01-274
Tel : 9181 9236

2 comments:

  1. Tried them and found it disappointing. May not be what I thought as authentic Thai, as it seems to be lacking in flavor for most of it dishes...

    http://foodesteem.blogspot.com/2014/04/wang-thai-kitchen.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not been back for a long time so I don't know if the food's still delicious or not - but I guess apparently not. Thanks for the update :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails