Tuesday, August 11, 2009

HortPark & Buona Vista Duck Rice

08 August 2009


We decided to visit the HortPark since we had heard so much about it.

We went in the evening around 6.30pm but it was still very bright and hot and humiiid.


This is Adam's Cafe at the Visitor Centre.

Looks like a resort with the area overlooking a reflection pool and seems like you're perched ontop a hill overlooking the park.



Think it'll be nice and romantic if you want to go 'pak-tor'. Can have your dinner and then 'pak-tor' at the park.



High-rise hanging gardens










This hibiscus is actually rather big




Eugene fascinated by the little water-fall




Why am I taking pic of leaves? I thought it looks like butterflies' wings-rather interesting







Flower-pots artistry


You witch!




Coca-Cola artistry



and woks' artistry






and me trying to be artistic in taking this pic.




I heart this pic of Eugene.



and now for dinner......


We went to the below for the boneless duck.

They have very limited menu here. Just the kangkong belachan, tau-foo, the innards, eggs and the duck of cos.

Parking is rather limited. We were very lucky to get a parking space at the lane next to it as a car was just leaving.

I think the food is just okay lah. Maybe I have always eaten this teochew food as I'm teochew and my grandma used to make this at home and of cos my grandma's duck is the best.

I remembered when I was young when my grandma would do this soya-duck. My grand-ma would squat on the floor to chop up the duck on the wooden chopping board and I would squat opposite her and look at the duck longingly - becos my grandma would always give me the whole drumstick! - I can still recall that it's so juicy and yummy.

Lim Seng Lee Duck Rice Eating House 林成利鴨飯餐室

38 South Buona Vista Road
Tel: 6475 9908



Look at this retro rattan baby high-chair! Have not seen one since ages ago.




don't know why this pic is slanted even though it is straight side up - will try to post this again later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails