Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Night Before Christmas



I know, kids nowadays are smart and most probably know that Santa is not real. But I still want him to have that wonderment.

We watched 'The Polar Express' and the kid was enchanted by the story especially the part where it said, only if you believe, will you hear the sleigh bells ring.

We brought him to Toy R Us and got the Ben 10 watch that he wanted and put it under the Christmas Tree (well, a small table top tree) and told him that Santa's elves will take it away to be wrapped. The next day, he got up and excitedly said that the elves came and took it to be wrapped so that Santa can deliver it to him (of cos, I took his present and hid it).

The kid kept asking when is Christmas and how long before it's Christmas almost everyday and I told him to write down and cross out the dates till Christmas.



16 Dec was a documentary on Dinosaurs and the kid marked it so that he will not miss it.




Then the kid asked : we don't have a chimney! How's Santa going to come in and place the presents under the tree?

Oops, we didn't think of that. So we told him that we will leave a window open.




The kid wanted to wait up for Santa but we told him that only if you're in bed, will Santa appear.

I tuck him in around 11 plus pm and laid down next to him.

At midnite, I signaled to hubby to ring a bell (we happen to have an 'ice-cream' bell).

Ding, ding ding......

The kid stirred ...

 Ding, ding ding.....

A smile spread over his face and he opened his eyes wider and wider. 

With a glee on his face .........

Mommy (he turned towards me and said in a hushed tone), Santa's here....

Are you sure ? 

Yes, I heard the bell.

We then slowly crept out of bed and to the hall and tadaa... presents were all under the tree (we put the small tree on the floor).

He took a quick look and quickly went back to bed - huh? I thought he will take a longer look.

Mommy, I want to quickly go to sleep so that when I open my eyes, it will be morning and I can open my presents.




Early morning, he got up, woke us up and went to look at his presents.



 Yay, more Ben 10 stuff.




A  nice pic with grand-pa.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails