Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Numbers


The kid likes maths. Yep, you heard right, maths.

Teacher has been teaching the class addition and subtraction and he's been asking questions about multiplication, factions and 'minus' like what is 2-3 instead of 3-2 (and he can give you the correct answers to 'minus' sums).

Whoa, hold on there boy. Let's really get the basic right first before going into harder territory.

He has also been requesting to go for maths class after he saw this new centre teaching mathematics through using physical stuff to explain, very much like the Montessori way.


Ok, so we brought him to look see and the teacher there gave him an assessment too - got almost all correct except one which was due to carelessness.

We will most probably sign him up for it as we don't like the route way of learning that other places are coaching. And also, they have theory maths - I don't know what you call it but it's those maths where it's like a story and you're suppose to figure it out, understand that this is how the primary maths is like now.

Ok, my math's really bad, as in really bad and I don't like to think numbers and the kid's been giving me headache by testing my maths - yes, he's giving me the maths problem instead of me asking him, Hubby is good in maths and I will tell the kid to test daddy instead, ha ha.


So as I said, we'll most probably sign him up for the maths class as he has an interest in it.




I bought this how to tell time book quite a while back, thinking to let him try much later but he found it and very diligently completed the whole booklet by himself without any prompting. Those he don't know, he asked hubby to help explain.
I guess he liked doing it as time is numbers.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails