Friday, September 09, 2011

Paint, Sharpen, Ruler

5 September 2011


Lotus root soup was on the menu and I cut off some of the ends of the lotus root to use for stamping. Thought I'll do some art and craft with Eugene.

I remembered when I was young, my teacher would make stamps out of carrot, potatoes and lotus root and I really enjoyed painting and stamping on paper.

So I was rather excited to show Eugene what to do and I was sure he was going to enjoy it.

When he woke up from his afternoon nap, I declared that we're going to do some painting and I quickly brought out the lotus roots and showed him how to paint and stamp it.

Yes, he was excited ......... for less than 10 minutes.........


He looked at me and said in a soft tone : mommy, I don't want to paint anymore. 



I guess it was not much of a challenge to him. 
Paint and stamp, paint and stamp......




He was more interested in sharpening his pencils and drawing straights lines with his ruler.

Bro-in-law had bought for him a pencil case with pencils, ruler, eraser and sharpener in it and he was excited to try it all out.

He was meticulously sharpening his pencils..........


and learning to use the ruler......... I guess it's more interesing and challenging to him.




See him sharpening the pencil and using the ruler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails