Friday, September 16, 2011

Chinese Lessons

I've decided to terminate Eugene's chinese lessons end of this year (fees paid till end of this year).

Why?

- the children are been taught new topics every week (once a week lesson).

A booklet of what have been taught that day will be given, including the flash cards being used - so that the parents can revised with the kids at home.

When they return the next week, the teacher will go thru the previous week's lesson on a one to one basis before she starts a new topic for the week.


Problems :

- Hubby and I are not good in Mandarin. Not good as in really, really bad, at least for me. I can converse but can't really read Mandarin.

The first few booklets brought home was easy but subsequently, hubby and I are unable to read the Mandarin words. So how? I can't be going to my neighbour and asking them the words all the time.

My family or my hubby's family - nope, none can read Mandarin.


- I feel that the way the lessons are conducted are not easy for the kids to immerse into the language, well, at least for Eugene.

Every lesson is a different topic. So whether you know the previous lesson or not, the teacher will just carry on to the next topic. I feel that there is no continuity to the topics being taught.


I think Eugene learnt more Chinese words and how to use them by watching "Ni Hao Kai Lan"
instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails