Thursday, August 25, 2011

1st Swimming Lesson

22 Aug 2011

Today was Eugene's first swimming lesson. Well, how did it go?

He cried.

I thought that he was afraid of the water but not leh, he was playing happily before we started the lesson. Also the instructor said, from his observation, all the kids do not really fear the water too much.

Eugene only cried if the swimming instructor have the kids lined up to do some stuff like queue up to learn how to go into the water or sit side by side to learn how to kick with their legs under water.

Hah, Eugene is the type who don't operate well in a regimented structure. He likes the play and learn type of way. He don't like to have to being told and made to do it. Show him how to do it and he will do it in his own time. 

I guess I'll 'teach' Eugene the instructor's instructions by implementing it in such a way that it's not an order. Guess I'll have to go early before the lessons and stay a bit longer after the lesson.

Well, I'm mentally prepared that he'll be mostly just splashing around and not doing much for the next couple of months liao.

One good thing is that he'll be so hungry that he'll eat a lot after the swim lesson (he's kind of underweight for his age).

Hmm.... I get very hungry too.... hope that I'm not the one who will put on weight instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails