Saturday, July 30, 2011

Underwater Shots @ Raffles Town Club

19 July 2011


I've finally decided to buy a waterproof bag for my Canon Powershot camera. It's like a ziplock bag to put the camera in.

The Canon camera is quite an old camera and so I was willing to try it out in the waterproof bag. Of cos, I did the 'dry' test first as advised by the manufacturer. That is, put in a piece of tissue in the waterproof bag and submerge it in water and see if any water gets in.

Well, no water went it and so decided to try it out with my Canon camera.

Here we are at the Raffles Town Club.








Hubby's nephew - same age as Eugene - completely fearless in water.




Hubby's other niece and nephew - naturals in the water.




Hubby's brother and kids.


See me holding tightly onto the kids? Frankly, I've got water-phobia. I almost drowned when I was young and was scared eversince.





You can tell the kids are very confident in the water by their expressions. As for me, I was trying my hardest not to have a "shocked" look !


Hubby's bro's wife and the youngest one. All the kids had a fun time going down the slides except Eugene :(   who absolutely refused to be even near it.




The pic at the bottom showed Eugene crying. Well, he found himself on the deep end (feet just barely touching the bottom) and started panicking.













Yeah, I, at least put my fear aside for awhile and put my head underwater.


Ya, laugh. Only those who have water-phobia like me will understand how scared one can be if one have to go underwater.

Go for swimming lessons? Yes, I did.

(A) In my twenties, I joined a group. When I turned up, I was the only adult among the kids (I think somebody recommended this teacher ( I wanted a female) and to join her group. I thought it was an adult only group, looked like I was wrong). Then we had to go to the deep end to learn how to tread water.

Instructress : D, take your hands off!

I was clinging to the side of the pool and refused to let go.

I didn't go back for any more lessons.



(B) In my thirties, my galfren and I had private lessons (just the two of us) at my friend's condo pool.

Did frog style but I still did not know how to come up for air and so was holding my breath. I was swimming from the shallow end and then I saw.......I was at the deep end now and panicked and the instructress had to quickly pull me out of the water.

End of lesson.

So how?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails