Friday, December 18, 2009

A GIVER

I had been cooking porridge for Eugene for his lunch and dinner this week (of cos not just plain porridge lah, got mixture of meat, fish, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrot etc).

Think he might get bored with his porridge and also to give myself a break from cooking his food, we went to McDonalds.

Eugene had a filet fish - he finished the whole fish filet and half of the bun.

A staff came to give him a balloon and he was so happy playing with it.

Just then, 2 boys and their dad came in. I think the younger is about 2-3 years old and the older boy is most probably about 5-7 years old. The older boy came to look at the balloon that Eugene was holding and was commenting that he would like a balloon too. The younger boy was also looking at the balloon and pointing at it.

Eugene saw the older boy looking at his balloon and stretched out his hand which was holding the balloon to the boy. Hmm.... did Eugene really wanted to give him the balloon or just pretend to give? Just then, the boy's dad called him and he went to sit at the table behind us.

We had finished our meal and was getting ready to leave. Eugene looked at me and passed me the balloon, I thought he wanted me to keep it for him. I temporarily put on the table while I buckle him down on his pram. He then gestured to his balloon which I passed to him.

We had to pass the table where the 2 boys were sitted and Eugene then stretched out the hand holding the balloon to the younger boy.

I stopped and asked him, "You want to give the balloon to Kor-Kor? If you give, you cannot take it back". Eugene nodded. He stretched out his hand again. Again I asked him a second time, just to be sure - hey, I don't want a bawling kid on my hand.

So Eugene handed his balloon over to the younger kid. Just like that, he did not make a fuss that he wanted it back or even look back at his balloon.

When we were outside McDonalds, I praised him and told him that, that was a nice thing that he did.

Hubby said that it's good that Eugene is a giver, not a selfish person who only wants to take, take, take.

Eugene Boy! Mommy is so proud of you !

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails