Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I Understand

Eugene seems to understand a lot nowadays.

Ever since he turned 1 year old - it seemed like something has been switched on in him. It's like he suddenly understands a lot more.

Here're some examples :

- Eugene, it's time for a bath. Go and wait for mommy at the toilet door.
He goes straight away and wait for me outside the toilet door.

- Eugene, it's time for "mam-mam" (time to eat), go and sit on your chair.
He drops what he's doing and goes to sit on his little chair.

- Where's bear-bear?
He looks and point to his bear which he had thrown out of his cot every morning (but he sleeps with it at night or having his naps).

- What is this? (me pointing to a banana)
Na-na-na (hey, not exact words but he got the 3 syllables right)

- Where's your rake/spade? (his toy rake/spade)
He went to his toy bin, rummage thru it and picks out his rake/spade!

- Eugene, it's hot, please switch on the fan.
He goes to the fan and switch it on, then off, then on..........

Best one of all
- Eugene, please put your toys back into the toy bin
No response. Eugene is very good at selective hearing.

Eugene is mimicking what we say. Like, we say good-morning and he says, "ning".

He's beginning to mimick me saying 'Okay' by saying "kay".

And now, he points to stuff and says "tair tair" (there, there).

Maybe he's understanding more words because mommy here will talk to him all the time. Whether he understands or not, I will still talk to him.

Talk about the weather, how hot it is. And when I ask him if he thinks it's going to rain, he will turn and look towards the window to look.

Even if I'm in the supermarket shopping for stuff, I will talk and sometimes ask him like, hey, Eugene, do you think we should get this veg or the other veg etc.

Even when pushing his pram, I will describe things or tell him about his surroundings and sometimes some passerbys think that I'm a bit mad talking to myself (hmm.. actually I do talk to myself).

Luckily I guess, that I'm quite chatty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails