Monday, June 08, 2009

I Can Stand Without Holding

Eugene had already been able to pull himself up to a standing position and then cruising around while holding onto something for support for a while now.

But everytime, when I hold him by his hands and try to get him to stand up and try to walk, he would not do it.

But since yesterday, we have caught him standing without holding onto anything but only very briefly.

Today, I was sitting on the floor watching the telly when Eugene came up behind me, grabbed my shoulder and pulled himself up and try to pull off the rubber-band on my hair.

I told him "no" and he stopped pulling. I know that he was still behind me, but hey, I don't feel his hands on me.

I slowly turned around and...... he was standing on his own - I was staring at him and he was staring at me and he suddenly realised that he was not holding onto me for support and got a bit scared and quickly sat on the floor.

So I sat behind him and got him to standing position ( he is still unable to get into a standing position without holding onto something for support) and asked him to try to stand - I slowly released my grip on him and he did stand!!!!!

I think he was so surprised that he could do it cos he was shouting in excitement and so happy and laughing.


HI-FIVE!!!! I did it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails