Monday, April 20, 2009

S-Factor - Susan Boyle



I had just watched Susan Boyle on YouTube.

When she stepped out on stage, many people in the audience gave her a look of disdain. What, look like that want to be an Idol?

But when she opened her mouth to sing, wow, wow, wow, it was so angelic. And she had a standing ovation.

Yes, most of us judge a book by its cover, including moi, I'm ashamed to say.

I remember once temping in a company and this lady will pass by my desk every morning and put a copy of the newspaper on my in-tray for my boss. I thought she was the coffee-lady - turned out she is the PA to the top guy.

note to myself : I must be even more aware and not be judgemental whether consciously or subconsciously


Which brings me to the next subject : Model = Bimbos?

I heard about the local show S-Factor but never watched it. But I finally watched half of an episode yesterday while surfing thru the channels and happened to come across it.

Aiyo, yo.......

I watched the part where the gals have a debate - man, I just switched channel half-way thru - the way they talk, arguing their points etc.... Well, I hope that people from other countries don't think that all S'poreans gals are like that.

I don't know in real life if the gals are really like that, or becos of the editing - my goodness, the gals do come across as really hare-brain, no-brain bimbos. Pretty gals but not much grey matters.

Ok, ok, I am trying not to be so judgemental but the way those gals are behaving, it's hard to shake off the stereotypes about models.

Ok, enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails