Friday, July 11, 2008

50th Wedding Anniversary

10 July 2008

Was invited by hubby's boss, who was also my indirect ex-boss to his parents' 50th Wedding Anniversay at the Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa.

A very grand affair. There was a traditional Indonesian dance and there was a live band playing jazz styled love songs and of cos some Indonesian songs too. The female singer is very, very good - fantastic voice - think she might be some kind of a celebrity singer in Indonesia as everybody started clapping when she came in.

The usual menu like in a Chinese wedding but the food was delicious compared to some others I had tasted in S'pore. So brides-to-be, this is a venue to consider.

The one item that I liked was of the video montage of the parents' old pics when they were young and when they got married and the video recording of wishes from their children and relatives.

Tried to take some pics with my camera-phone but not too good leh. Some pics did not turn out nice and so cannot put it up.



FG (hubby's boss) at our table.



FG's son played an electric guitar on stage and his daughter sang some songs. Very talented and musically inclined kids.



FG's parents and all their relatives on stage.



With LY, my ex-colleague.


50 years, that's really a long marriage. In view of how marriages are rather short-lived nowadays, that's really an achievement.

I'm already bugging hubby that we should have a big party when we cross the 10th year mark. My dream is to have a party with songs from the 80's to dance to like Bee Gees, Abba, Michael Jackson etc... Yes, LY, I'll definitely invite you.

We would have been married for 7 years at the end of this year. Wow, frankly, it does not feel that long to me. That's a good sign, right? It means I'm not sian of him, ha ha...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails