Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Barilla Spaghetti - Price Difference

What a difference in Price!

Ma-in-law called me and told me that the Barilla Spaghetti that I use is cheaper now at $2.90 at NTUC. The price for this brand have been going up from like $1.30 to $2.75 to $3.30 when wheat got more expensive.

So the next day, I quickly went to NTUC.

Along the way, I passed by Shop-n-Save to check it out too - wow, the price is $4.45! - that's really expensive! Did my MIL see salah or not?




My MIL was right, it is $2.90 at NTUC - it's on promotion till end of April.



Why the vast difference? It's $1.55 difference!

Hubby think it's becos NTUC bought it at the old contracted rate from the seller and once the stock from the old contracted rate's finished and a new contract signed - it will be more expensive as wheat is more expensive now and I think, most probably will be selling the price quoted at Shop-n-Save (not very "Save" leh).

And yes, we bought at least 10 packets to stock up..... ya, I know, kiasu......

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails