Saturday, October 12, 2013

Tim Ho Wan @ Toa Payoh

11 October 2013


Tim Ho Wan at Toa Payoh - how could I not try it out.

Went with 2 of my friends and since I stay in TP, I kena go to queue. 


What can I say........... I guess expectation was high and thus when we tasted the food, we didn't go WOW.

The dishes we tried were just ok, it did not blow us away.......... and I'm not the only one saying it. People I know who had tried were also not that WOW by it.



I prefer the usual 'over-stewed' ones with spices. 
This was a tad too bland for me.









Overpowering ginger taste in the liver chi-cheong-fun.



Normal leh.


This jelly not bad.


The only dish I like was their best-seller - the char-siew buns. 
I like the outer which is crisp and buttery. 
My favourite.
(that bite was from my fren C who couldn't wait to sink his teeth into it)


Hubby said we should have tried their har-gow and siew-mai - can taste it's freshness.


Well, what can I say................

The Michelin Star is at their Hong Kong outlet, not in Singapore.



Tim Ho Wan (Toa Payoh)
#02-02 ERA Centre
450 Toa Payoh, Lorong 6
tel: 64832000
11am - 10pm (last order 7.30pm)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails