Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Marshmallows Pop

18 December 2012

Been rather fascinated by cake pops. But I find the original method (crumpled cake plus frosting then mold) very tedious. Hmmm.... better do something simple and see how it goes first.

Easiest method is to use marshmallows, of cos, it won't be called cake-pop since there's no cake involved - marshmallows pop?

This is so easy-peasy that I'll let my assistant show you how ...............

(1) Poke your stick into the marshmallows.

(2) Dip it into the candy-melt (melted the candy-melt but I don't know why but mine came out all kind of stiff even after adding some oil to try to make it less hard - so I have to smear it onto the marshmallows instead of dipping :(  









(3) Roll your marshmallow pop onto the sprinkles.


And that's it !

I used my colander to stick the pops upright as I don't have a styrofoam.





The kid couldn't wait and started eating it.

I permitted him only one stick.

Why? Becos it was so sweeeet ! well, at least to me.

The marshmallows were sweet, the candy-melt were sweet, the sprinkles were sweet - combine all and what have you? - ultra sweet!!!

Conclusion : no marshmallows.


I'm thinking of using oreos but oreos are kind of sweet too isn't it?

Maybe I just have to bake a cake as at least I can control the sweetness.


Till next time, maybe.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails