Monday, July 23, 2012

Earth Jar Treasure

21 July 2012


I was craving for soup or double-boiled soup and came across this post from "ieat.ishoot.ipost".

It's not double-boiled soup but baked soup as apparently little pots of soup are being put into big urns and cooked by charcoal inside the big urns.

Hmm.... let's see how good it is.



I chose the salted duck soup. The taste was rather different from the usual salted duck soup. It tasted a little spicy - I dig around in the pot and wala, there was a chilli in it.

Actually the spicy taste kind of grows on you.

There was a big chunk of duck meat but it was rather tough - could do with more cooking time to make it softer.






Hubby ordered the below which I don't know what's called in English.

I told them nothing heaty as hubby's nursing a sore-throat and a guy recommended this.

A big bag of herb with the chicken.








For about $6.00, I should say the price is pretty decent as you do get big chunks of meat - not those that usually gives you 3 or 4 pieces of small pieces of meat.

But I think the best is the dried shrimp rice. It was so tasty that hubby had a second helping.


Earth Jar Treasure
Blk 22 Sin Ming Road
Singapore 570022
Mon-Sat: 10am to 9.30pm
Sun 10am to 3pm
Alt Mon closed
93831864





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails