Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Hashbrown & Cheese Omelette

I don't know if Eugene is just going through a phase at the moment but he don't seem to like to eat rice.

Hubby and I have our dishes with rice for dinner, so I don't know why he don't want to eat. Is it because it's brown rice and it is harder and don't taste as nice as the white rice? I cook the brown rice with more water now, so it's not too firm. But Eugene's still not biting.
Hubby and I have been taking brown rice for a long time already so I guess to those new to eating brown rice, it's kind of hard as my friend SY had said.

Eugene likes cheese bread, hash browns, omelette, char-siew paus, roasted chicken (prefer thighs so that he can gnaw on the bones), cakes (just plain cakes no frosting, cream etc. he especially likes the banana cupcakes from my sis-in-law), pastas (especially with cheese) - well, you could say he likes the ang-moh food.

I thought since he likes pastas like spaghetti, he would eat the teochew kway-teow, mee-pok noodles etc - spaghetti is also noodle, right? Well, sorry, he don't really like the chinese noodles :(

So when I cook pastas like cheese macaroni, any kind of spaghetti, lasagne - he will eat a lot.




His favourite hash-brown and cheese omelette.














Eugene used to eat and finish his food all by himself. But recently, he will finish half his food and then will walk around to play with his toys and I will then have to feed him the rest of his food.

My guess is that he is eating a bigger portion of food now and this takes a longer time for him to finish. He gets restless and off he goes to do his own thingy.

I suppose him sitting down on his own and finishing half is not too bad already as I think most kids won't even sit still to eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails