Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ametrine bail setting

26 February 2006

I had gone to a Jewellery Fair at Suntec a while back and bought an Ametrine stone. An Ametrine is a cross between an Amethyst and a Citrine.

I really like the colour of the Ametrine which I bought which is predominantly brown with a slight purplish tinge.

I had wanted to mount it and make it into a ring myself but it's too difficult and I don't have the necessary tools - so I thought the next best thing is to make a pendant out of it.

This is not the correct way of doing a pendant setting but I do not have a soldering torch to do the necessary so this is the easy way out, which is done entirely by sawing and filing.

Drew out the circumference and transferred it onto the copper to be sawn.


Starting my sawing...


Wah lah! My finished pendant....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails